Toner Cartridge Recycling Saves the Planet … and Saves Lives
Cartridge recycling is an integral part of the CarePlus Recycling Bin Program and our commitment to the environment. At CarePlus Laser Imaging (CPLI) we are continuously researching new ways to enhance our printer cartridge recycling program and reduce our footprint. As part of this effort, we also created the industry’s first soy toner-derived laser cartridges.
And, toner cartridge recycling helps save energy, plus reduce pollution and waste by minimizing the amount of materials like plastic and steel sent to landfills. Replacement cartridges also conserve natural resources by significantly reducing the amount of virgin materials used to make new cartridges. All of our laser cartridges, and inkjet cartridges, including our HP cartridge recycling products, are exclusively produced in US and Canadian manufacturing facilities.
Why recycle your laser cartridges?
- On average each laser cartridge contains 2.5 pounds of plastic, one pound of metal and takes 1,000 years to degrade
- Over 500 million laser and inkjet cartridges are consumed each year, and less than 25% of these cartridges are recycled
- The laser imaging aftermarket reclaims over 42,000 tons of empty toner cartridges each year that would have otherwise gone to landfills
A simple cartridge recycling program that makes a real difference
As a part CarePlus Recycling Bin Program, we use a state of the art waste-to-energy facility to dispose of spent laser cartridges and toner. This ISO 14001 certified energy recovery facility provides for the secure disposal of laser cartridges and inkjet cartridges, while at the same time converting their inherent energy into electricity that is later sold in the open market.
Our simple and convenient program enables you to dispose of laser cartridges and inkjet cartridges in an environmentally responsible way.
3 Step CarePlus Recycling Bin Program
- We will provide you with a recycling bin
- Place your empty laser cartridges and inkjet cartridges in the bin
- When your cartridge recycling bin is full we’ll arrange for free return shipping
… it’s that simple!
From toner cartridge recycling to soy toner, CPLI is always environmentally conscious
- Product boxes: made with more than 40% recycled material
- Packing paper: contain over 20% recycled materials
- Packaging material: contain no harsh chemicals associated with depletion of the ozone layer
- Wood pallets: only recycled wood pallets are used, then sent for recycling at end-of-life
- Primary charging rollers: are sent to a third party for recoating and reuse
- Toner bottles: delivered to a recycler for reuse and recycling
- Electronic billing: provided to eliminate paper
To find out more about toner cartridge recycling, and the many benefits of using compatible replacement cartridges contact us at 888-362-8700.